What Is Web Root Directory?
The web root directory holds all of the files that builds a website.
What Is .htaccess?
A directory-level configuration file used to configure site-access issues.
What Is The Use Of Virtual Domain?
Delegate domain administration. E.g. [email protected]
, [email protected]
. Virtual domain doesn't require the use of IP address.
What Needs To Be Taken Into Consideration To Host A Website?
1. Reactive and reliable customer support
2. Your website requirements will tie to the server specification that you need to host a website
3. Server location (data center). Pick a host that hosts their server in a data center that is within the proximity of you and your target audience. The nearer the data center, the lower the latency, the faster the website loading speed.
4. Notice the differences between unlimited bandwidth and unmetered bandwidth. These two are different.
Unlimited bandwidth is technically impossible, since bandwidth is the measurement of speed and there is a limitation to how fast your server can transfer data.
Unmetered bandwidth is possible. Unmetered meaning, you pay a flat rate for any amount of data you can transfer in a month.
5. Any hidden fees? Any contract? Any upfront payment? What are the terms and conditions when you want to migrate to a new host?
Understand all the terms and conditions to avoid all losses and liabilities.
What Are The Different Types Of Hostings That Exist?
1. Shared hosting (Web hosting)
2. Cloud hosting
3. Reseller hosting
4. VPS hosting
5. Dedicated server
Why Is Cloud Hosting Important In The New Generation?
1. Cloud has a low cost entry price.
2. Cloud is easily scalable. Scaling can be done online. So your website/ web application don't suffer from downtime losses.
3. Redundancy. Cloud is made up of a network of servers. Unlike traditional hosting that relies on one server. Redundancy keeps your data safe because your data is backed up in several servers.
4. Very reliable uptime.
Downside to cloud hosting
1. It is a very new technology, so you are tied to the services of the hosting company in a long run. If you want to scale, you need to do it via the hosting company. No other ways.
2. Scaling can become very expensive in the long run.
3. No root access, less flexibility