Web Hosting Discussion Forum

Web Hosting Discussion Forum (http://forums.thewebhostingdir.com/index.php)
-   Reseller Hosting Discussion Forum (http://forums.thewebhostingdir.com/forumdisplay.php?f=5)
-   -   Why not start with a VPS (http://forums.thewebhostingdir.com/showthread.php?t=3056)

ridemeup October 1st, 2010 08:00 PM

Why not start with a VPS

From my 4 year web hosting business experience, I would recommend you to start your business with a reseller account. It is the most logical way to start a web hosting business. It requires only some $10-$20/Month. You can choose your reseller account from the many available reseller hosting providers out there.
Why not start with a VPS or even a dedicated server? Well, there is no point in doing that, unless you already have a substantial amount of clients to begin with, plus you already know what you’re doing. For VPS you have to spend many additional cost like cpanel + whm + whmcs licence fees + Dedicated ip + many more. Also if you are starting from scratch and if you are newbie, as not much skill don't go with VPS or a dedicated server, you will cry surely.

SolidServ October 27th, 2010 12:42 PM

We started right off a dedicated server. It just made more sense. We have control and did not have to worry about resource issues.

coach0001 November 3rd, 2010 02:46 AM

plz give us more info

Chris Mckenzie November 3rd, 2010 05:57 AM

RE:

Using a dedicated server also offers 100% assurance and security to you, because you know that you are the only one who is using this server. Apart from security concerns, not having other sites on the server also nullifies issues about downtime problems.

kunnusingh November 3rd, 2010 11:16 PM

Agree, I started my web hosting business at $2.50 month :)

ridemeup November 7th, 2010 06:25 AM

dedicated server is good to experienced person and who have already some hosting client. here i throw advice to the newbie or who have no enough client to maintain a dedicated server. ofcourse any one can upgrade to dedicated when we able to maintain it.

rootpanama November 7th, 2010 10:09 AM

Always start small... begin with a reseller account and after some time move to a VPS if you are getting good income.

gsfhosting November 20th, 2010 03:39 PM

I started with a Server too :O and I'm still using it ^.^ more pro

Sanersone November 23rd, 2010 09:04 AM

If your requirements are not huge and you are not willing to host any 3rd party applications, you should start with Reseller only. It is the best solution to start with.

JohnDale November 25th, 2010 03:21 AM

Re:

VPS is much the same level with dedicated server, so you can create reseller accounts. However, if you are not familiar with VPS/server, you should be careful when choosing a VPS.

ridemeup November 25th, 2010 10:21 AM

Yes. I'm agreed with you, JohnDale.
For newbie, vps really hard to handle. But fully Managed vps or dedicated my help and easy to handle.

ridemeup November 26th, 2010 06:26 AM

vps hosting

I think fully managed vps or dedicated would be best for newbie hosting business people.
More more info can visit the site into my signature link.

Sanersone November 28th, 2010 02:39 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JohnDale (Post 4726)
However, if you are not familiar with VPS/server, you should be careful when choosing a VPS.

True, however, if the hosting provider is Fully Managed, it can be checked what best could be done and then consider VPS.

bluetiger January 24th, 2011 08:22 PM

I have to agree with some of the others here that you are better off going with a dedicated server, the only time you should use Reseller Hosting is if your a web designer hosting your clients sites your self or if your a hosting company who wants to offer hosting in other countries but can't quiet afford the costs of having multiple dedicated servers

ServerSea February 1st, 2011 02:43 AM

For the beginning i refer to Start with Reseller plan. If you start using good money then go with Vps or Dedicated Server.

VPSWebServer. March 19th, 2011 04:13 AM

Yeah, I will add that, truly look for reliable company to buy reseller server, you should also go with solving queries of your customers in long way.

ServerSea March 24th, 2011 12:12 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by anilkamble (Post 5554)
vps is the best option but reseller is also option to start.

Reseller plan is cost effective solution. But in future if your business expands you can go with Vps or Dedicated Server.

ServerSea March 24th, 2011 12:19 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JohnDale (Post 4726)
VPS is much the same level with dedicated server, so you can create reseller accounts. However, if you are not familiar with VPS/server, you should be careful when choosing a VPS.

Vps is is cost effective solution than Dedicated Server.I agree if you dont know much about Vps you should be very careful in choosing right Vps.

rs2host May 29th, 2011 01:58 PM

reseller is a good choice for small business

Host.co.in June 7th, 2011 11:35 AM

Going and growing step by step is always good and if one is new to all the things then taking higher risk is not good for him as he need to spend lot of time in this business and learn all the aspects of web hosting business.

vikashony June 10th, 2011 07:26 AM

Yes reseller hosting is much easy to be started and affordable for a new one

Host.co.in June 19th, 2011 02:12 PM

Even selecting the Reseller Hosting services there are two major types of it and if you really starting your business with limited resources then choosing a Linux reseller hosting is very cost effective and essential.

ServerSea June 29th, 2011 10:55 PM

Yes Linux Reseller plan is Cost effective thean Windows Reseller plan you can earn good benefits from Reseller plans.

farhanidea March 14th, 2014 01:40 AM

If you have Huge budget than dedicated server will be good in that we will get great spaces

hanhhoat April 8th, 2016 12:02 PM

Re: Why not start with a VPS

But it really hard to start a VPS for a newbie so I think we should start with something more easier and then we can update higher levels. If you want to start a vps you have to learn a lot and have some knowledge and experience.

squeeze October 27th, 2016 08:31 AM

I agree with farhanidea if you have a big budget then start business dedicated server
Advantages of Dedicated Servers

- You don't share the server with anyone else. You have the potential for better security. .
- You don't have to buy or maintain the equipment. Hardware replacement is covered by the hosting provider.

mrseanclerc January 10th, 2017 09:35 PM

Reseller Hosting is if your a web designer hosting your clients sites your self or if your a hosting company who wants to offer hosting in other countries but can't quiet afford the costs of having multiple dedicated servers!!!

TheMothHost February 19th, 2017 11:03 AM

There is no point for anybody to start off with VPS or dedi. Market is so saturated right now. It is difficult to get a clients fast.
If you want to build up loses fast at the beginning. go with a dedi.

joris388 June 25th, 2017 06:34 AM

Apart from security concerns, not having other sites on the server also nullifies issues about downtime problems. Reseller Hosting is if your a web designer hosting your clients sites your self or if your a hosting company who wants to offer hosting in other countries but can't quiet afford the costs of having multiple dedicated servers.

robert4u June 30th, 2017 05:58 AM

I started with reseller hosting but once I started to get clients I shifted to vps and soon within 1-2 months I moved to dedicated server. At my time resellers even were expensive, vps were more expensive. Today the story is different you can get good vps for only $5, $15 for vps so for only $20 your vps is ready. You can also learn much with that and its always good to learn when you have very few clients on the other hand having many clients and moving to vps is big risk because when something bad happens you will loose all clients.